The nature collection of the National museum Kruševac was officially formed in 1997, but collecting of the items dates in 1952, when the first donation was received, the incuse of the beech leaf in tufa. Since the official forming of the collection there have been thirteen items collected, acquired mainly through donations. Since then the more intensive work has been done on complementing the collection through the work on terrain, donation and purchase. The exhibitions with the related institutions had a great influence and induced professional organizations, as well as the individuals to contribute and help the nature department of the museum through donations or information. The most significant part of the collections is a collection of Professor Dr Jovanka Mitrović Petrović from the Faculty of Mining and Geology of the University of Belgrade, which includes very important palaeontological collection of 15 palaeontological items from different parts of the world.