The collection of fine art of the National museum Kruševac presents a whole with its represented authors and periods of the significance for understanding the historical and modern courses of Serbian artistic creation of the XX century. Having in mind the complex character of the museum, as well as the fact that at the moment of its foundation there were no initial funds at disposal, the formation of the collection is possible to be followed through several phases, beginning with 1953, when, besides the pictures and graphics obtained with the help of citizens – contributors, were also realized the first purchases. During the year 1980 the collection was enlarged with 105 works, which, according to the valid criteria, presented the top achievements of some of the authors. In this period, in the conceptual sense, the collection gets the character of a rounded whole, whose enrichment in the future was to be done within three clearly separated segments:
- Collection of the works created before 1950 (with an emphasis on creation of the artists from the region)
- Collection of the works inspired by Kosovo tradition, that means history of the Serbian medieval state of the Moravian epoch
- Collection of the works of modern fine art
As separated, being mostly the rounded wholes, within the collection of fine arts of Krusevac are the memorial collections of Milan Milovanović and Dragoslav Vasiljević Figa, as well as the legacy of sisters Mihailović.
The collection of fine arts of the National museum Kruševac includes 491 work. The collection enables the overview of the significant phenomena in fine arts and indicates the specifics of the area of Kruševac.