Located in the very town centre, within an easy reach of the Monument to the Kosovo heroes, The House of Simić belongs to the oldest preserved buildings in Kruševac and evidences through its architecture the oriental appearance of the former čaršija (Turkish Çarşı, downtown). According to its style characteristics, it could be assumed that it was built at the end of XVIII or at the beginning of XIX century. The building is a double floor, with longitudinal porches on both floors. The ground floor was built of broken stone, while the first floor is of the post and pane structure and wattle.
Initially a mansion of the Bey family of Vrenčević, who had caused a conflict regarding the town annexation to the Principality of Serbia (1833), the house was bought by the Prince Milos who made it a gift to his godfather, Stojan Simić, one of the most imposing personalities of the Serbian political history of XIX century. In this building, at Christmas 1834, the Mileta’s revolt was hatched, which resulted in the adoption of the Candlemass (Sretenje) Constitution (1835) and the latter Prince’s abdication (1839).
At the end of 1951, when town authorities brought a decision on establishing a museum, it was decided for the House of Simić to be adapted for the purpose (1953), in which since then the various museum contents have been periodically changed. The more extensive conservatory works were performed in 1977, but only with the repeated building improvement (2007–8) the National Museum Kruševac has got the place for realization of the exhibition which, through the selection of the items from Museum collections, aims to display a part of the family life in the town of Kruševac through the interior of a town home at the end of XIX and the beginning of XX century.
With their regular activities, largely realized in cooperation with the citizenry, The House of Simić tends to affirm the spirit of the former town, emphasizing the town life and culture at the crossroads of centuries.
The House of Simić, the building of the unique cultural and historical value and a registered cultural property of great importance (RS Official Gazette, No 28/83), includes Museum collection, museum tourist-information stand and a souvenir shop.